#6 Online Stories



Three words I learned:
shrug
[to raise and then lower your shoulders in order to show that you do not know something or do not care about something]
e.g. I just shrugged my shoulders and ignored him.

grumble
[to keep complaining in an unhappy way]
e.g. Farmers are always grumbling about the weather.

whip
[to move quickly and violently, or to make something do this]
e.g. The wind whipped her hair into her eyes.

My thought:
I had heard the story Chinese version before I watched this video, so I chose the video because it could let me understand what the video said more. The story is easy to understand, and it tell me one thing:” Mercy persuasion often better than strong authority.” The wind wanted to blow off the man’s shawl, but the way he used only would let the man take out his shawl tighter. When we do everything, we should think more “How can we do things well?” instead of do things without think and impulsively!

留言

  1. So true, Eleen. Mercy is more powerful than rules and authority.

    回覆刪除

張貼留言

熱門文章