#4 TED Talk

Stacy Abrams:Ask three questions for yourself when you do everything.


• what I learned in the talk:
①fatigue

[ very great tiredness ]

e.g. Driving in stressful conditions can lead to muscle fatigue.

stain
[ to accidentally make a mark on something, especially one that cannot be removed, or to be marked in this way ]


e.g. Her fingers were stained with dirt, her nail varnish chipped.

nominee

[ someone who has been officially suggested for an important positionduty, or prize ]

e.g. In their day, presidential nominees were chosen by members of Congress meeting in caucus.

• my thoughts:
The woman talked about her real story at first, and finally she became a governor of Georgia.
In the talk, she take three points for this topic: "what do I want?", "why do I want it?", and "how do I get it?"
I think what she said is very useful! If I don't know "why" , I can't keep doing when I get setbacks, and then I can't "do".
The sentence I like the most in this talk is: "Don't allow setbacks to set you back."
the talk is long for 16 minutes, but I don't feel bored instead of focus in the talk. The woman let me know that I should think deeply before doing everything!

留言

  1. "Don't allow setbacks to set you back" is really a good sentence.

    回覆刪除

張貼留言

熱門文章